made by Behm Design are accurate, complete and of highest drafting standards for clarity of information. They feature the following:
- Sheet 1 is the cover with the design illustration, materials list and design data (code references, etc.)
- Floor Plan(s) showing walls, openings, dimensions, and symbols for electrical lighting, switching and outlet locations
- the 4 exterior elevation views (true elevations)
- Exterior wall framing only elevations (sometimes included with the regular elevations with framing shown as dashed lines)
- Roof edge details for soffits, eaves and gable ends as applicable
- Perimeter Foundation and slab plan showing openings and dimensions
- Concrete foundation details and alternates
- Cross Sections and longitudinal if applicable
- Structure notes and specifications
- Typical and other wall sections
- Roof framing or truss layout plan
- Second-floor framing plan if required
- Stairway profile and details if applicable
So why do we sell a package of 4 copies of the plan?
When you make your application to the building department for a permit they were usually 2 copies for record and inspector. The other 2 are for the contractor and yourself or the supplier. When a permit is granted it is required to keep one of the officially approved, stamped and sealed plans, unaltered, for the building inspector.