EMAIL TO BEHM DESIGN
(search example: 24 x 36
or: loft , or: dormer, etc.)
BEHM DESIGN IN THE PRESS
Bath Layout Plans
For Your Garage
same plans, instant delivery-
" Thank you so much Jay,
I will do some pricing, and see what I come up with. What a great company you have. Very nice plans and very nicely presented in your web site. Thanks so much for helping me figure out the next step.
- B.W. "
"Jay, I want to thank you for the plans. I was able to obtain my permit in about 2 hours. Next step is to price out the material........ Thank you very much
"..Built the garage this spring and it turned out fantastic. Building codes here are rather strict, but the inspector did not find a single flaw in design or construction. I love the design and my new shop/garage." -Gerald M.
Cupolas And Weathervanes
by Jay Behm - Cupolas are relatively small structures built on the ridge or peak of roof and were originally used to ventilate the the building, allowing hot air to escape. It would have its own little roof to shed water and its walls would have louvered and screened vent openings. Warmed, stale air would flow by convection up and out of the upper interior or roof space allowing cooler air below to flow into the building. Ventilation cupolas were and still are important to interior space air quality in agricultural and industrial buildings or many types. Behm Design Garage Plans generally do not include cupola plans except for plan # 576-16
Weathervanes were often placed on the peaks of cupolas because of their being the highest visible point of the building where it could directed by air movement to show its direction. They were often just placed on a stancheon atop a roof or chimney. Wind direction was really important to farmers and outside workers watching the weather.
Both cupolas and weathervanes were built simply functional or as ornamental, architectural features of a building. In fact, they were often quite expressive of a style or symbolism important to the owner. Touring older towns, cities and rural regions you can see how common and important they were in their time.
Cupolas today are usually decorative. Weathervanes are also treated as decorative architectural ornaments but they usually are functional. Both will add delightful (and today, unusual) visual interest to a garage or other building type. My list below presents some exceptional examples of readymade products available today.
- Cupola offers galleries of cupolas, historic architecture, art, and picturesque landscapes. Also cupola FAQ, state capitol building histories, wordplay, and Autocad resources....
- A HIGH YIELD MANUFACTURING COMPANY KNOWN FOR QUALITY CHURCH STEEPLES AND BAPTISTRIES, COMPETITIVE PRICES AND REPLICATION OF FIBERGLASS PRODUCTS. Welcome to Fiberglass Unlimited Innovations in fiber...
- Franklin Weathervanes...
- Weather Vane retailers for over 30 years, offering the highest quality Cupolas, Cast Aluminum, Copper & Brass Weathervanes at the lowest possible price - VALUE. *Shipping ALWAYS included ...
- Kitchen & Bathroom Shutters, Mantels, Skylights, Moulding, Weathervanes & V...
- APM direct is a leading direct merchant of home building products including cabinets, exterior shutters, mailboxes, locksets, shelving, fireplace mantels, millwork, skylights, vinyl railing systems, a...
- The Home and Garden Decor Store -- Home and Garden Decorations...
- Home, garden and patio accessories including furniture, bird houses and feeders, address markers and more!...
- The Outhouse, in Lancaster County's Pennsylvania Dutch Country, is a family...
- The Outhouse,in Lancaster County's Pennsylvania Dutch Country,is a family friendly gift store and fun house.Copper weathervanes,amish made cupolas, puppets,amish crafts,wacky gifts,and attractions,nov...
- The Weather Store...
- Weather Instruments Maximum Weather Instruments Oregon Scientific Instruments Wireless Weather Instruments Barometers Hygrometers Thermometers Tide Clocks Wind Speed & Direction Weather Stations Weat...
- Volko Supply... custom & copper chimney caps cupolas and weathervanes....
- Volko is your source for custom & copper chimney caps.. fireplace dampers & chimney fans.. wood floor grilles registers & wood vents.. underground garbage cans.. cupolas finials & copper weathervanes....
- Weather Vanes of Maine; Weathervanes, cupolas, bird house, bird feeder, cus...
- Weathervanes: Specializing in cupolas, bird house, bird feeder, custom weathervanes, maine weathervanes, handmade weathervanes, miniature weather vane, weathervanes cupola, copper weathervanes, and we...
- Weathervanes - custom-designed, handmade copper weathervanes and wooden wea...
- Custom weathervanes by SkyArt studio. We offer custom-designed weathervanes, fine handmade wooden or copper weathervanes. Order your weathervane from a wide range of windvanes in our online shop....
- Wind & Weather: Weather Instruments, Weather Stations, Barometers, Thermome...
- Wind & Weather: Fine weather instruments, weather stations, barometers, thermometers, weathervanes, garden and home accessories, and garden art online and by catalog....
- Woodshop Cupolas, Acadia Weathervanes, cupolas and weathervanes handcrafted...
- Top-quality wooden cupolas and copper weathervanes handcrafted in Bar Harbor, Maine. Your total satisfaction with these quality products is absolutely guaranteed...
ROUGH ESTIMATE GARAGE BUILDING COST
VISUALIZE YOUR NEW GARAGE
FREE SAMPLES PDF FILES OF OUR GARAGE PLANS
Our Plans Include:
FREE PROJECT PLANNING CHECKLIST
Hi Jay -
Attached is a photo of my garage (#856-1), which turned out great. The plans were thorough and made approval in my city and county (which has a strict set of design standards) much easier....Thank you.... M. C., OH
Jay, I meant to tell you much earlier what a great value your plans are. This garage was constructed late fall of '09. I was at the house the other day and it happened to be one of those perfect coastal New England summer days. The garage looked great. .........Thank you, J.W.
Jay, your plan was right on the money. I was able to get an accurate quote and was able to check up on the contractor to make sure it was being built by the specs. The low cost spent on the plan made whole project go smoother. No potential disagreements. Every time there was a question I would just say, “build it just like the plan says” Thanks again !