Garage Plans Questions?
Call Jay Behm
(search example: 24 x 36
or: loft , or: dormer, etc.)
same plans, instant delivery-
BEHM DESIGN IN THE PRESS
Bath Layout Plans
For Your Garage
Mr. Behm, I want to say thanks for the garage plans. It only took about two hours for the permit review. With the materials list the next phase will be estimating costs to build the garage...Thank you very much..D.P.
Thank you so very much Jay, I,ll start estimating my garage building costs and see what comes up. What a great service and product you have. The garage plans are very nice and presented well on your website. Thanks again for your help getting started....B.W.
Jay, just a short note - I built one of your garage plans last spring and it came out fantastic! We have strict building codes around here but our inspector found no flaws in the plans, design nor construction. I love my new garage-shop and the design....G.M.
Building The Garage - What To Do Before Construction Begins:
by Jay Behm
1. Determine feasibility of building a garage on your property - in terms of zoning, building dept. and community development standards and parameters.
>>> Important: Design parameters for wind speed, wind exposure, seismic risk category and snow loads will be available at your local building dept. as they pertain to your building location. You will need to know them when looking for your garage plan.
2. Determine your requirements for the new garage - such as number of garage bays, extra work area, ceiling/wall height, dimensions, features and architectural style.
3. Select a garage plan (or plans) suited to your requirements.
>>> Important: The garage plan you buy should have design parameters that meet or exceed the parameters required for your project. Most professional quality garage plans use prescriptive compliance with the IRC building code (the basis code for nearly all states' codes) so they are usable in most locations. Additionally, if your local building dept. requires that plans be certified and stamped (which is rarely required) then you would need to find a local engineer to review and certify (professional registration is state-by-state) before submitting application for building permit .
4. Determine approximate cost of the garage construction - obtain materials list for supplier to make preliminary materials package estimate, contact concrete foundation/slab contractor for estimate, check with framer/builder for labor costs. Alternatively: have general contractor estimate total project cost (as turnkey project)
5. If financing is involved set up the loan for the garage construction
6. Acquire building plans for garage
7. Have construction costs verified with the building plans to negotiate and finalize bids (guaranteed cost for work and/or materials)
8. Apply for building permit - submit garage plans for permit review (if required) - building permit and administrative fees are usually involved - you will need to submit either paper or PDF document for the review, whichever the building dept. requires
9. Upon building permit approval: finalize/convey funds - might need escrow
10. Upon building permit approval: finalize contracts, begin construction
(it is recommended that no excavation, work or materials be purchased until AFTER building permit has been approved/issued)
ROUGH ESTIMATE GARAGE BUILDING COST
FREE SAMPLES PDF FILES OF OUR GARAGE PLANS
Garage Plans Include:
FREE PROJECT PLANNING CHECKLIST
Hi Jay -
I have attached my picture of my new garage (your plan No. 856-1) it came out great! The thorough garage plans were easily approved in my county and city (an they have strict standards for design plans) Thank you...M.C. OH
Hey Jay I want to tell you of what great value the garage plans were for us. Our garage was built in the fall of 2009. I went the summer house a few days ago and it was a perfect New England coast sumer days and the new garage looked really great!
Jay, the garage plan you sent me were just right! I got a very accurate building quote and I could check contractor's progress and verify that he followed the plans. The low price of the garage plans was perfect for my project and there were no disagreements. The plans answered all the questions that would come up - 'just build it like it shows in the plan'. So, thanks again!...R.M, NY